Our doors open to welcome our elementary students each morning at 8:20am. Students eating breakfast can enter at 8:15am and get a "Grab -n- Go" breakfast on their way to class or eat a hot breakfast in our cafeteria until 8:30am. Students should then proceed to class as our teachers are excited to begin with their class family at the start of each day! The tardy bell will ring at 8:35am.
- Walkers/Bike Riders wait in front of the main entrance and enter into the building when the 8:20am bell rings and doors are opened.
- Buses riders unload along the front driveway east of the building when the bell rings and teachers are outside to greet them.
- Car riders/Daycare van riders are to be unloaded using the north/side driveway. We ask that you patiently wait until you reach the front of the line and a staff person welcomes you and your student(s) before they exit your vehicle.
- Anyone needing to exit their car should park int he parking spots that are available.
We understand there may be times you would like to visit our school (drop off items, eat lunch with student, et.). For the safety of students and staff, please follow the Raymore Peculiar School District visitor Check-In procedures:
- Visitors are required to sign in and show photo identification at the front office.
- The visitor's name will be entered on a sign in log
- Visitors will be given a Visitor's lanyard to wear and be visually seen at all times.
- An escort may be provided to the visitor
- Visitors should return the lanyard to the front office and will be signed out when leaving the building
There is nothing more important to our staff at Raymore Elementary than the safety of our students. Raymore Elementary utilizes three primary procedures to dismiss students from school at the end of the day: (1) student walkers/biker riders, (2) car riders, (3) day care riders and (4) bus riders. All dismissal changes should be communicated to our office via phone/email by 2:30pm. This allows sufficient time to notify teachers and students of changes.
Students will be dismissed to a designated room via the school's public address system at 3:50pm where teachers will check attendance based on regular dismissal routines and/or a called in or emailed dismissal change by the parent. Once dismissed, students will be escorted out by a teacher and are asked to use the Madison Street crosswalk with the help of the crossing guard/adult to exit crossing the north entrance of the building. We encourage all parents to have a discussion with their child to ensure they understand the route they should take in case their walking instructions change from their norm (for example, someone different is meeting them or possibly walking on their own when they usually are walking with an adult.)
Students will be dismissed to the library (or another designated room when necessary) via the school's public address system at 3:50pm where teachers will check attendance based on regular dismissal routines and/or a called in or emailed dismissal change by the parent.
- All vehicles are to pick up car riders using the north/side driveway.
- Please make sure you have a Raymore Elementary yellow car tag with your child's first & last name visible in the front window of your vehicle. If you need a yellow car tag, please notify the office.
- No cars should enter the front lot during dismissal for the safety of our students, buses and staff. Anyone needing to exit their car should park in the parking spots that are available in the north parking lot [during arrival or dismissal].
- For the safety of your children, please be ready to show your ID if you do not have a yellow car tag or if staff may have a question/concern.